Beauty Services Sector Advisory Group
The purpose of the Beauty Services Sector Advisory Group is to provide expert industry advice to the Toitū te Waiora workforce development council, helping to drive the development of qualification educational products to meet current, future skills, and workforce development needs for the beauty services industry.
We are looking to appoint 15 industry experts (across all disciplines within the sector) to be part of the advisory group. Members will be appointed based on their experience within the sector, understanding of industry and/or learner needs relating to qualifications and standards.
Beauty Services Sector Advisory Group - proposed composition
- Two trade associations (one representative from each)
- Industry representatives – owner/operators and employees across all disciplines
- Recent Graduates employed in the industry
- 1 member from Work Based Learning - NZ Hair & Beauty Industry Training Organisation (HITO)
- Three representatives from Māori, iwi, and/or hapū community and business
- A representative from Pacific Peoples and tāngata whaikaha - disability community
- Two NZQA-registered PTEs
- A representative from Te Pūkenga
Members are expected to have:
- Experience in their discipline within the sector
- An interest in the development of skills and training of their sector
- The ability to collaborate with others in the sector, including Toitū te Waiora and our delivery partners.
This advisory group will be ongoing. Toitū te Waiora intends to facilitate quarterly meetings with the Advisory Group. During the review, additional online meetings may be required. Membership of the group is unremunerated.
Expressions of Interest
If you are passionate about the beauty services industry and want to help ensure that industry have access to high, quality employable beauty professionals across Aotearoa, we want to hear from you! Please complete our expression of interest form HERE.
Terms of Reference for the group are outlined HERE, please make sure you read them if you would like to be involved.
Expressions of interest close on September 30, 2022.
Ngā mihi nui