Comprehensive review of civil defence and related disciplines
Toitū te Waiora intends to review all standards covering disciplines related to civil defence emergency management. The purpose of the review is to undertake a comprehensive examination of existing unit standards and to replace them with a fit-for-purpose set of skill standards.
To support the review, Toitū te Waiora is seeking expressions of interest from organisations and individuals with expertise in this area.
If you or your organisation would like to be involved, please complete an expression of interest form HERE.
The review will include:
- domains in the Civil Defence Emergency Management subfield
- Civil Defence Emergency Management Response
- Comprehensive Emergency Management
- domains in the Civil Defence subfield:
- Civil Defence Management
- Civil Defence Operation
- domains in the Community and Workplace Fire and Emergency Management subfield:
- Emergency Communications
- Workplace Emergency Risk Management
- Workplace Fire and Emergency Response
- other domains related to civil defence activities, including
- Rope Rescue
- Urban Search and Rescue Operations.