Revision of Whānau Ora and Community Support unit standards - Breastfeeding
Toitū te Waiora intends to revise two unit standards listed in the Whānau Ora and Community Support which cover skills to support breastfeeding.
The revision is proposed following advice from the New Zealand Breastfeeding Alliance and Careerforce that links to reference documents were out of date, the terminology around baby feeding, especially formula feeding, was no longer current practice, and to update superseded NZS standards in the guidance notes.
• References hyperlinks were updated
• Superseded NZS 8134 standards in guidance note 3 were updated to NZS 8158:2021
• Superseded NZS 8158:2012 standard was updated to NZS 8158:2021
• Some minor grammar and style inconsistencies were amended
• Definitions and terms were updated to align with current practice.
If you would like to provide feedback relevant to this revision, please email Toitū te Waiora at firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business on Friday 30 September.